The Child First Aid training course covers common first aid emergencies experienced by children.
- Recommended for parents, grandparents and other family caregivers
- A recognised qualification for home-based educators
- Provides peace of mind for those looking after children
- Includes NZQA unit standard 25459
- Courses can be held at St John or your premises
First aid especially for kids
Trying to help an injured or seriously unwell child can be frightening and difficult if you don't know what to do. This course teaches you how to cope with injuries that commonly happen to children. It also discusses how to identify and deal with serious illness and life-threatening medical emergencies.
What you’ll gain
The course emphasises practical skills in an interesting, interactive learning environment. By successfully completing this course, you will:
- be able to recognise life-threatening situations
- be able to offer vital assistance before more experienced help arrives
- Scene assessment
- CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Managing choking
- Control of bleeding
- Severe allergic reactions
- Broken bones
- Breathing problems
Individual and group courses
Child First Aid courses are regularly held at St John premises throughout New Zealand. They are ideal for individuals or small groups who want to learn first aid. If you have a larger group, St John can arrange a course just for you at your premises or ours.
Need a refresher?
This course can be used as a refresher if your Child First Aid certifcate has expired, also suitable to ensure your qualification for home-based educators is recognised.
Enquire about a private course
Ask us about running a course especially for your group, either at your premises or ours. Call us on 0800 FIRST AID (0800 347 782) or
Enquire online >>
||$69.00 (incl. GST)