Pre-Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC).
- Advanced training for first aiders who already hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Ideal for people who require advanced first aid skills or a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC) qualification for their work, e.g. surf lifesavers, ski patrollers.
- Helps your workplace to meet health and safety standards
- Compliant with Department of Labour and NZQA requirements
- Includes unit standards 25411, 25412 and 14473
- Courses can be held at St John or your premises
Pre-hospital emergency care training
The most advanced of our general first aid training courses, Pre-Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC) provides the knowledge and skills required to deliver immediate advanced first aid assistance in any situation. More than 50% of the course is hands-on, to ensure you gain the confidence to use resuscitation, CPR and extrication techniques. We’ll also make sure you know how to use common emergency care equipment, with a special focus on the first aid equipment at your workplace. Time is available throughout the course to discuss special equipment and conditions.
Completion of this course qualifies you as a trained first aid person, which helps your employer to comply with workplace health and safety legislation.
What you’ll gain
This advanced first aid course is a mixture of practical and theory, with tutor and peer assessment throughout to help you reach required standards. On completion you will:
- be capable of providing immediate advanced first aid assistance in any situation.
- be familiar with basic emergency care equipment, airway care and respiratory support.
- receive a certificate of competence.
- Scene assessment
- Scene management
- Patient assessment
- Using adjunct airways
- Bag/mask resuscitator
- Trauma conditions
- Medical conditions
- Oxygen administration
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Moving patients
- Managing deceased patients
A first aid certificate issued within the last two years (minimum first aid level 1 or equivalent).
Individual and group courses
Pre-Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC) courses are regularly held at St John premises throughout New Zealand. They are ideal for individuals or small groups who want to learn first aid and gain pre-hospital emergency care competency, such as surf lifesavers and ski patrollers. If you have a larger group, St John can arrange a course just for you at your premises or ours.
Enquire about a private course
Ask us about running a course especially for your group, either at your premises or ours. Call us on 0800 FIRST AID (0800 347 782) or
Enquire online >>
||$649.00 (incl. GST)
||25411, 25412, 14473