Renew your Pre-Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC) certificate.
- One-day refresher course for people who already hold a certificate in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC) Refresher
- Helps your workplace to meet health and safety standards
- Courses can be held at St John or your premises
Refresh your pre-hospital emergency care training
This training course is designed for people who need to update their advanced first aid/pre-hospital emergency care skills and knowledge, e.g. surf lifesavers and ski patrollers.
The course is structured to allow plenty of practice and discuss relevant scenarios. Time is also available to discuss the equipment and conditions relevant to your specific work situation.
What you’ll gain
This one-day advanced first aid refresher course has a practical focus. It includes scenarios and resuscitation practice sessions, so that you can reacquaint yourself with pre-hospital emergency care equipment and techniques. On completion you will:
- be issued with a refresher certificate for PHEC.
- be up-to-date with the latest pre-hospital first aid skills and knowledge.
- Scene assessment
- Scene management
- Patient assessment
- airway care – using adjunct airways
- respiratory support
- cardiac arrest and defibrillation
- Trauma conditions
- Medical conditions
- Oxygen administration
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Moving patients
- special equipment/situations in your working environment
To enrol for this course, we recommend you already hold a pre-hospital emergency care or refresher certificate issued within the last two years.
Individual and group courses
Pre-Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC) Refresher courses are regularly held at St John premises throughout New Zealand. They are ideal for individuals or small groups who want to update their pre-hospital emergency care competency, such as surf lifesavers and ski patrollers. If you have a larger group, St John can arrange a course just for you at your premises or ours.
Enquire about a private course
Ask us about running a refresher course especially for your group, either at your premises or ours. Call us on 0800 FIRST AID (0800 347 782) or
Enquire online >>
||$211.00 (incl. GST)