Level 4 resuscitation training for health professions.
- Essential health professional resuscitation training
- Ideal for nurses, nurse managers, DHB resuscitation officers/managers
- Meets NZRC resuscitation standards for Level 4
- Can be used as a Level 4 refresher course
Specific resuscitation skills for health professionals
Health professionals who usually need Level 4 certification include nursing graduates, anaesthesia technicians, radiographers and other hospital and community health support staff who are exposed to resuscitation events.
This course meets the Level 4 requirements of the New Zealand Resuscitation Council (NZRC). It can also be used as a refresher/revalidation for Level 4 Resuscitation.
What you’ll gain
The course is practical and provides ample ‘hands-on’ time with equipment to ensure you can competently perform a range of resuscitation skills. On completion you will:
- be a certificated Level 4 resuscitator.
- know how to use more advanced resuscitation equipment and techniques.
Prerequisites for the course
Attendees are usually registered nurses, medical practitioners or people who need the skills contained in the course as part of their scope of practice. It is expected that students will already be familiar with the course content of Level 1 – 3 resuscitation.
- Laryngeal mask airway
- Preparation of drugs
- Principles of manual defibrillation
- Principles of endotracheal intubation
Individual and group courses
Resuscitation Level 4 courses are regularly held at St John premises throughout New Zealand. They are ideal for individuals or small groups. If you have a larger group, St John can arrange a course just for you at your premises or ours.
Enquire about a private course
Ask us about running a Resuscitation Level 4 course especially for your group, either at your premises or ours. Call us on 0800 FIRST AID (0800 347 782) or enquire online >>
||$159.00 (incl. GST)