Level 4 resuscitation training for health professions.
- This course is changing from the 1st of April 2017 from 4 hours to 6 hours
- Essential health professional resuscitation training
- Ideal for nursing graduates, anaesthesia technicians, radiographers, and other hospital and community health trained support staff
Specific resuscitation skills for health professionals
This course meets the Level 4 requirements of the New Zealand Resuscitation Council's (NZRC) CORE Immediate. It can also be used as a refresher/revalidation for Level 4 Resuscitation.
What you’ll gain
The course is practical and provides ample ‘hands-on’ time with equipment to ensure you can competently perform a range of resuscitation skills. On completion you will:
- be a certificated Level 4 resuscitator.
- know how to use more advanced resuscitation equipment and techniques.
Prerequisites for the course
Attendees are usually registered nurses, medical practitioners or people who need the skills contained in the course as part of their scope of practice. It is expected that students will already be familiar with the course content of Level 1 – 3 resuscitation.
- Advanced life support for adults, children and infants
- Recognition of the deteriorating patient
- Supragottal airway adjuncts
- Awareness of emergency drugs
- IV insertion
- Supplementary oxygen
Individual and group courses
Resuscitation Level 4 courses are regularly held at St John premises throughout New Zealand. They are ideal for individuals or small groups. If you have a larger group, St John can arrange a course just for you at your premises or ours.
Enquire about a private course
Ask us about running a Resuscitation Level 4 course especially for your group, either at your premises or ours. Call us on 0800 FIRST AID (0800 347 782) or enquire online >>
||$159.00 (incl. GST)
||Six hours from 01 April