There are many ways to support us, ranging from a straightforward donation to organising and running a fundraising event. Whatever you decide to do, we’ll be truly grateful that you made St John your charity of choice.
Community services that touch everyone
St John is a unique part of the Kiwi way of life. The energy and generosity of our supporters allows us to provide health and community services to every corner of the country. With your support, we can continue to provide:
- St John Ambulance Service, which operates 24/7 and helps around 400,000 New Zealanders every year
- St John Youth programmes, to teach young people first aid, health care and leadership skills in a practical and fun way
- Health shuttles, to help people with health or mobility problems get to their health appointments
- Caring Caller, to provide a friendship service to those in need
- Friends of the Emergency Department, to give comfort to patients in hospital
- Safe Kids school programme, to teach New Zealand children about first aid and give them confidence to use the 111 system
- Area Committee volunteers, helping to support the work of St John in your community
Did you know?
- While our ambulance service is 70% funded from government contracts, we need to raise additional funds to support the delivery of our emergency ambulance service and community programmes.
- Every little bit helps, and donations of $5 or more may qualify for a tax rebate
- The donations you give us will be used in your local area.
We’re grateful for all donations. Donations of $5 or more may qualify for a tax rebate.
Donate money to St John >>
Become a fundraiser for St John
There are lots of ways to raise money for St John. We’ve gathered together some ideas to help you get started.
How to become a fundraiser >>
Other ways to donate
You can give items to St John or provide funds for a specific piece of equipment. You can also request donations to St John instead of flowers at a funeral.
Explore different ways to give to St John >>
Join the Supporter Scheme
As a subscriber to the St John Supporter Scheme, we will waive the standard part-charge if you need an ambulance for a medical emergency.
Find out about the Supporter Scheme >>
Leaving a bequest
You can give to St John through your Will. A bequest, no matter how big or small, can help St John continue to provide services to your local community.
How to bequest to St John >>
Giving through your pay
Donating directly from your pay helps to provide St John with consistent income. There are tax benefits to giving this way.
Find out more about Payroll Giving >>
Do you have skills, energy and time that you can donate to St John?
Find out about volunteering >>