St John & the need for regular support
St John is extremely grateful for the continued generosity of the general public in meeting the rising demand for its frontline service.
St John regular givers, members of Team Green, play an especially important role in meeting this critical need.
Thank you to all Team Green members - your backup provides us with the support that we need to save lives!
Join the team today.
- Why does St John do face to face fundraising?
Face to face fundraising is one of the most cost effective ways that charities like St John can gain substantial support for important funding needs.
Our St John face to face fundraisers are a committed group of people passionate about St John. Every day they speak to New Zealanders about the important role the public plays in supporting St John frontline services.
St John has partnered with two leading face to face fundraising agencies, Cornucopia and Appco. Both partnerships play an important role in helping St John meet the rising demand for frontline services.
- How can I identify a St John fundraiser?
Authorised St John Team Green fundraisers will:
- Be wearing: a Team Green polo shirt with Team Green badges on the sleeves, a St John lanyard and possibly a black jacket with St John branding (weather dependant)
- Display a Cornucopia or an Appco ID card with their name, photo and St John contact information
- Provide all new Team Green members with a welcome pack and a copy of their direct debit / credit card commitment to St John
- Never ask for, or accept, cash donations
- What information will I be asked to provide?
When you sign-up to Team Green you will be asked for:
- Personal information such as a drivers licence to confirm your identity
- Bank or credit card information to allow St John to set up your monthly commitment to Team Green
The security and privacy of this information is very important to St John. Once the above information is provided to us it is transmitted securely in compliance with industry standards.
- How do I contact St John about a fundraiser?
If you have any questions about a fundraiser please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0800 ST JOHN (0800 785646) or email email@example.com. To help us answer your query, we will ask you to provide as much information as possible, such as:
- Date, time and location of where you spoke to the fundraiser
- Name and ID number of the fundraiser or a description of the fundraiser
- A full description of your experience with that fundraiser
- Where are your fundraisers working?
Each week we will publish the neighbourhoods where our fundraisers will be visiting. The fundraisers will work until 7.30pm, but if requested to, they may re-visit until 8.00pm.
From 28th of November to the 4th of December, fundraisers will be in the following areas:
Malls and shopping centres:
Countdown Ferrymead (Mon - Sat)
Countdown Hornby (Mon - Sat)
Countdown New Brighton (Mon - Thurs)
Northlands Mall (Mon - Sun)
Countdown Church Corner (Thurs - Sat)
- How is face to face regulated?
St John is a member of the face to face fundraising regulatory body – the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association (PFRA). The PFRA works with charities and service providers to ensure quality, integrity and transparency in face-to-face fundraising by creating an atmosphere of public confidence and regulatory satisfaction. For more information, please visit the PFRA website.