St John is New Zealand’s leading provider of event medical services. We look after events of all types and sizes – local sports games, community gala days, equestrian events, marathons, air shows, motor racing, international sports tournaments, boat racing, concerts, festivals, parades, agricultural shows and more.
Experience, expertise and dedication
As an event organiser, you’re responsible for the safety of your attendees. By choosing St John as your medical services provider, you can take a weight off your mind. We’ve been providing event medical support for more than 100 years – you can rely on us to deliver an excellent service, because our people are properly trained, dedicated and committed to doing a great job.
Trusted by New Zealand’s top event organisers
It’s no coincidence that New Zealand’s top event organisers trust us to look after their participants and spectators. They recognise that quality medical services are essential for a successful event.
See some of our recent clients >>
Trusted by your attendees
The familiar St John uniform is reassuring for everyone at your event. There’s no room for confusion - attendees will be able to identify who to talk to and where to go if they have a medical emergency.
St John ambulance service as backup
Unlike other event medical service providers, our event medical teams are linked directly with the ultimate back-up system – St John Ambulance. With this direct communication, you can be confident we can provide a streamlined and rapid response to cope with every medical possibility.
We also ensure that cover is maintained at the correct level throughout your event, including times when a casualty is being transported away from the site by ambulance.
Customised country-wide service
From the first aider on the side of the local football field to roving pedalmedics at marathons to specialised paramedics at motorsport events, a wide range of resources can be provided to fit your specific needs. What’s more, St John serves every corner of the country, using local teams of experienced medics and behind-the-scenes event staff.
We can provide a wide range of resources, including:
- First Responders
- Primary Care Officers
- Basic Life Support medics
- Intermediate Life Support medics
- Advanced Life Support medics
- Four wheel drive vehicles
- Golf carts
- Mountain bikes
- Mobile triage and medical centres
- Command centres
If we’re not the sole provider of medical services at your event, we are happy to collaborate with other providers, such as physiotherapists and team doctors.
A few of our recent clients:
- Sporting events: Rugby World Cup 2011, adidas Auckland Marathon, Speight’s Coast to Coast, Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Ironman New Zealand, Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge, Ports of Auckland Round the Bays, Contact TriSeries & TriWoman series, Weet-Bix Tryathlons, Touch New Zealand Tournaments
- Concerts: Foo Fighters, Big Day Out, Rhythm and Vines, WOMAD, Homegrown, Mission Estate Concert, Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park
- Stadiums: Eden Park, Mt Smart Stadium, North Harbour Stadium, Vector Arena
- Rural events: National Agricultural Fieldays, Warbirds Over Wanaka, A&P Shows
- Motorsport: ITM Hamilton 400, Targa Rally, Rally Whangarei, Paeroa Battle of the Streets, Speedway meetings, Motorcross meetings
- Horse racing and Equestrian: Thoroughbred Racing meetings, Harness Racing meetings , Puhinui International Three Day Event, Horse of the Year Show
Volvo Ocean Race, World Rowing Championships, NZ Open Water Championships, Powerboat and Jetsprint racing
Farmers Santa Parade, All Blacks Win parade, ANZAC Day services, Waitangi Day commemorations
Request medical services cover for your event
Is there an event on your horizon? Get in touch as soon as you can – the more notice, the better. We can carry out a risk assessment to ensure the right cover for your event.
Complete an online request >>
Ask us a question about medical services
Do you have a specific question to ask about St John event medical services?
Complete an online enquiry >>
Call for more information
For more event medical services information, call 0800 ST JOHN (785 646).