First Aid Level 2 is for those who need to achieve a more advanced level of first aid competency.
- Includes all course content from First Aid Level One, plus an additional half day for those students who also need the NZQA standards of 6402, 6401, 6400 (or by special arrangement 26551, 26552).
- Ideal for designated first aiders, health and safety managers and anyone who needs a first aid certificate for their vocational qualification
- Helps your workplace to meet health and safety standards
- Compliant with Department of Labour and NZQA requirements
- Courses can be held at St John or your premises
- First Aid Level Two includes all First Aid Level One content and there are no pre-requisites required for this course
Comprehensive first aid training
Accidents and medical emergencies can happen anywhere at any time, and effective first aid can make the difference between life and death. Not only does this course provide you with basic first aid knowledge and skills, you’ll also receive tools that help you to pass your knowledge on. The cost of the course includes your own manikin and DVD, so that you can practice cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and share your skills with others.
Completion of this course qualifies you as a trained first aid person, which helps your employer to comply with workplace health and safety legislation.
What you’ll gain
The course emphasises practical skills, so every student on our scheduled courses receives a St John resource kit - a manikin and DVD, and a St John First Aid Handbook.
On completion you will:
- be able to recognise life-threatening situations
- be able to offer vital assistance before more experienced help arrives
- be able to provide single-person CPR on an adult, child and baby
- be qualified as a workplace first aid person, as described in the guidance notes published by the Department of Labour
- Scene assessment
- Identifying hazards
- CPR and intro to AED
- Chest pain (e.g. heart attack)
- Medical conditions (e.g. stroke)
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injury
- Head and spinal injuries
- Environmental conditions
- Major incidents
Individual and group courses
First Aid Level Two training courses are regularly held at St John premises throughout New Zealand. They are ideal for individuals or small groups who want to learn first aid. If you have a larger group, St John can arrange a first aid course just for you at your premises or ours.
Enquire about a private course
Ask us about running a course especially for your group, either at your premises or ours.
Call us on 0800 FIRST AID (0800 347 782) or
Enquire online >>
||$239.00 (incl. GST)