First Aid Level 1 teaches the basics of effective first aid.
- Ideal for anyone who wants to learn basic first aid or needs to refresh their first aid qualification
- Minimum qualification requirement for a workplace first aider
- Helps your workplace to meet health and safety standards
- Compliant with Department of Labour and NZQA requirements
- Includes NZQA unit standards 6401, 6402 (or on request 26551, 26552)
- Courses can be held at St John or your premises
Your foundation for first aid
This basic one-day first aid course is the standard training recommended for workplace first aid providers. It’s also good for anybody who wants to be able to help during a medical emergency. Medical emergencies related to ill health or an accident can happen anywhere at any time – this course will ensure you know what to do.
What you’ll gain
The course emphasises practical skills in a fun and interactive learning environment. On completion you will:
- be able to recognise life-threatening situations.
- be able to offer vital assistance before more experienced help arrives.
- be ready to advance your first aid training to the next level.
- Scene assessment
- Chest pain (e.g. heart attack)
- How to use an AED (automated external defibrillator)
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injury
Individual and group courses
First Aid Level 1 courses are regularly held at St John premises throughout New Zealand. They are ideal for individuals or small groups who want to learn first aid. If you have a larger group, St John can arrange a course just for you at your premises or ours.
Need a refresher?
If your current first aid certificate is more than two years old, this is the ideal refresher course.
||$169.00 (incl. GST)
||6401, 6402 (or by special arrangement 26551, 26552)