Resuscitation Level 5 training for health professionals.
- This course is changing from the first of April 2017 to 8 hours
- Endorsed by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP)
- Meets the requirements of the New Zealand Resuscitation Council's (NZRC) CORE Advanced
- Includes vocationa requirements for dentists, nurses, and vaccinators
Advanced resuscitation skills for health professionals
Resuscitation Level 5 is designed for Doctors going through RNZCGP Fellowship and health professionals, who may need to manage and supervise resuscitation scenarios where little immediate back up is available from higher level people.
Other interested parties may include experienced nurses and midwives, experienced anaesthetic technicians, and general practitioners in metro areas.
This course is endorsed by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners, therefore suitable if you are a Doctor going through Fellowship of the Royal New Zealand College. If in doubt please check with RNZCGP.
What you’ll gain
This eight-hour Level 5 course is practical and provides ‘hands-on’ experience with specific equipment and techniques. On completion you will:
- be a certificated Level 5 resuscitator
- know how to use advanced resuscitation equipment and techniques
Prerequisites for the course
Attendees need to be registered nurses, medical practitioners or people who have the skills contained in the course as part of their scope of practice. It is expected that students will already have the skills and knowledge required for Resuscitation Levels 1 – 4.
Prior to the first of April 2017, four hours of self-directed learning and research on the below topics is required prior to the course.
- Advanced life support of adults, children, and infants
- Recognition of the deteriorating patient
- Advanced airway management
- Rhythm recognition
- Emergency drug administration
- Awareness of wave form capnography (from 01 April 2017)
- Awareness of intraosseous access (from 01 April 2017)
- Manual defibrillation
Individual and group courses
Resuscitation Level 5 courses are regularly held at St John premises throughout New Zealand. They are ideal for individuals or small groups. If you have a larger group, St John can arrange a course just for you at your premises or ours.
Enquire about a private course
Ask us about running a Resuscitation Level 5 course especially for your group, either at your premises or ours. Call us on 0800 FIRST AID (0800 347 782) or enquire online >>
Frequently Asked Questions
||$349.00 (incl. GST)
||Eight hours (from 01 April 2017)