A Basic Life Support course that teaches essential life-saving skills.
- Ideal for anyone who wants to learn CPR
- Also covers management of choking, bleeding and shock
- Helps your workplace to meet health and safety standards
- Includes assessment and leads to NZQA unit standard 6402 (or on request 26551)
- Courses can be held at St John or your premises
An essential life-saving skill
CPR is a life-saving technique that is used when someone’s heart has stopped. Some medical conditions, such as a severe heart attack, can cause the heart to stop. Other causes include drowning, electric shock, poisoning, overdose and serious injury. For CPR to be successful, it needs to be started as soon as possible after a person's heart stops.
CPR is easy to learn and it’s a skill that everybody should have. It’s good to know that you can help if someone near you needs CPR. This course includes assessment and leads to an NZQA unit standard.
What you’ll gain
This 4 1/4 hour course is a mixture of theory and practice. On completion you will:
- know when and how to apply CPR for an adult, child and baby
- know what to do if someone is choking
- be able to manage serious bleeding until medical help arrives
- Scene safety
- Calling an ambulance
Individual and group courses
Basic Life Support courses are regularly held at St John premises throughout New Zealand. They are ideal for individuals or small groups who want to learn first aid. If you have a larger group, St John can arrange a course just for you at your premises or ours.
Enquire about a private course
Ask us about running a Basic Life Support course especially for your group, either at your premises or ours. Call us on 0800 FIRST AID (0800 347 782) or
Enquire online >>
||$95.00 (incl. GST)
||4 1/4 hours
||6402 (or by special arrangement 26551)