St John offers two types of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) that are easy to use and will enable anyone to help save a life:
- St John Heartstart HS1 for just $2,836*
- St John Heartstart FRx for just $3,043*
Bulk discounts are also available
Call 0800 FIRST AID or complete an online request >>
Why do I need an AED?
1. Each year more than 2,000 New Zealanders will suffer a cardiac arrest outside of hospital
2. For 64% of cardiac arrests a bystander will perform CPR
3. People may show no warnings or prior symptoms and 15% survive to hospital discharge following a cardiac arrest
4. Use of an AED within 3-5 min of collapse can increase the chance of survival by up to 40%
Why should I purchase an AED from St John?
- Our AEDs are fully portable, light weight and versatile, having one nearby will help save someone's life
- Our AEDs can deliver a shock in just 8 seconds which offers a greater chance of survival
- A St John AED completes automatic daily self tests ensuring readiness for use
- St John AEDs come with an 8 year warranty. The battery lasts for 200 shocks or 4 years
- Heartstart AEDs come with step-by-step voice prompts so that anyone can follow the correct procedure
The latest AEDs are designed to be light to carry, versatile and easy to use.
Learn about AEDs >>
See our defibrillators >>
Order an AED
To enquire about purchasing an AED from St John, call us on 0800 FIRST AID (0800 347 782) or Complete an online request >>
Book a demonstration
We can demonstrate how to use a defibrillator at your workplace or organisation.
Enquire about a demonstration >>
Take an AED first aid course
Make sure you know how to use your new AED. St John AED Training is recommended with a purchase.
More about the AED first aid course >>
You can download a free operations guide and see how easy it is to operate an AED.
Learn how to operate an AED >>
Locations of AEDs in New Zealand
Gareth Jenkin's is the founder of AED Locations. He has created an online map to show the location of AED available for public use throughout New Zealand.
See a map of AED locations >>
Story of a life saved
Real-life stories demonstrate the importance of AEDs in the workplace.
Read a case study >>
*Terms and conditions: Pricing excludes GST. St John reserves the right to change the price at any time.