You or your family member may be able to get funding help for an alarm.

If you decide a home alarm plan is right for you, you may be able to get help from the government to pay for it. You can apply to Work and Income (WINZ), and ACC (Accident Compensation Corporation) for funding for a home medical alarm.

How to apply for financial help from Work and Income

OneProvide proof that your medical alarm has been installed

We will provide you with proof that a medical alarm has been installed at your home. We assist you by providing a no-obligation free trial period while you complete your application with Work and Income.


Ask your doctor to complete an assessment form

You will need to ask your doctor (GP) to fill out a medical alarm assessment form. 
Download the Assessment Form


Apply for the Disability Allowance

This weekly payment is for people who have extra costs because of a disability or health conditions for at least six months. If you do not have a disability allowance, you can complete an application form. 
Learn more


Take your forms to Work and Income

Take your proof of installation, your medical assessment form and disability allowance application form to Work and Income who will check your eligibility for financial assistance.


How to apply for funding from ACC

ACC sometimes covers the cost of home-based medical alarm services for people recovering from accidents. Your ACC Case Manager will be able to talk to you about this.


Questions about funding?

Feel free to ask us more about funding when we visit you for your in-home demonstration and get you started on the free trial of your alarm.

If you prefer, you can also contact Work and Income on 0800 552 002 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday or talk to your ACC case manager directly to find out more information.




blank image